Yield: 4 serving
The fabulous 50's gave us so many great recipes, this chicken salad is one of them. When ladies had luncheons and served chicken salad in perfectly cored tomatoes, presentation and taste were done to perfection.
From shredding the chicken breast by hand, to adding just the right amount of mayo with hard boiled eggs...this recipe is worthy of the finest women's club menu offerings.
- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken, cold
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
1. Mix chicken, celery, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
2. Add mayonnaise, mix well.
3. Fold in chopped eggs, blending throughout.
4. Serve on rolls, in a hollowed out tomato, or on a bed of crisp lettuce leaves